Thursday, October 20, 2005

Indian Journalism that is....

Few days back one of my friend asked me the question
"wonder why the Indian media hasn't picked it up yet" when i wrote about the IIPM story.
And I replied by saying...

"No wonder to me - because I do not see many newspaper doing *Investigative Journalism* other than India Today (Aaj Tak to be precise) and Indian Express sometime....
most of them tries to play safe and often gets biased by the Big revenue they earn from the Big ad's placed by such institues like IIPM's.
take for example the case of Nimish Adani - a bangalore based guy who was beaten and looted by RPF. The incident was reported in national dailies much late, till that time the news had already done rounds in forms of e-mails and in the blog worlds."



Now read this news today and I am sure Indian Journalism has rotten to the deepest extent it possibly can.

1 comment:

gberke said...

How much fun :-)
But your journalism cannot touch ours: ours takes really really important matters of life and death and earth and right, wrong, survival, god and nogod and trivializes them.
Even my worst experience with a hooker had some redeeming value. But not our news. Our news stories are not so much "real" as random plot material from which money selling stories might be constructed.
Ah, I see your first comment was total spam. How much does that suck. You should not allow anonymous posts and at least have some sort of human checking characters....