Monday, December 27, 2004

My Christmas Weekend

Had another great weekend with some old friends; Sweety, friend from my graduation days, Bhanu my ITP batchmate and Pranawesh my TCS colleague and Bhanu’s roommate. I drove upto Bhanu’s place on Friday morning and from there we headed to Edison were we had some good samosa and chat. The place is kinda chotta Gujarat with all those guju bhai’s and bhenji’s having shops in all corner of the street. It was like being in apna Desh in Videsh.
You can find everything there, from Vada-paw to idli-vada and from mitha pan to tulsi and jarda… and the price is just reasonable.
The next day we went to NY and our dear friend Pranawesh took us to another Desi place in this Videsh, that’s the Jackon’s Hts…. the place is all crowded with Punju’s giving you a feel of your’s own Chandigarh in US.
The restaurants in those communities are catering to an ethnic population, not to others - it makes a huge difference - not only in food, but in feeling and atmosphere.
After having a good sumptuous lunch at the “Ashoka” there we headed for the Rockefeller where we saw the world’s largest Christmas tree. The environment was real chilling and the whole place was beautifully lighted.
We spent the evening strolling through the streets of NY (Times Sq. WTC etc etc…) and returned home about midnight.
As usual I forgot to take my camera and sweety did bring one but with discharged cells :) . We did take some snaps however with Pranawesh’s camcorder. I will be uploading the pics in my yahoo album as soon as he uploads the same.
The entire weekend was real good. It was fun seeing those old friends and spending such lovely moments with them.
Looking forward for another such weekend on the New Year eve.

No comments: